Approx. Rs 1 / Pack
is made of white, clean chrysotile Twisted Asbestos Fiber which have been mechanically twisted to increase tensile strength. It has excellent resistant powers at high temperature. Ready flexibility is an additional advantage.
Shree Firepack Insulators P. Ltd. manufactures asbestos yarns in a wide range of constructions with a wide range of properties dependent on the various applications intended. However, they are commercially distinguished under the following groups:
The size, diameter, or “count” of a yarn can be expressed in many ways—The modern international method used is the TEX system.
Several strands of yarn can be twisted or braided to produce the yarn or rope of a higher diameter. Reinforcement with filaments of metal wire offers particular properties in the end product, such as heat dissipation, high temperature resistance, strength retention or particular friction properties. It can also be spun in combination with asbestos yarn made with man-made fibers to give an added advantage of higher strength and flexibility in lower temperature applications. Asbestos yarn can also be treated with high quality lubricants, oil resisting compounds, PTFE and coated with flake graphite or mica for specific applications.Specification:
- Size: 1.5 mm to 6 mm dia.
- STD Spools: 1 kg and 0.5 kg.
- Temperature: range 0°C ~ 250oc
- Quality: ASB-101
Used for packing of valve spindles, lagging small pipes and as a low pressure steam or water packing for valves, seal the joints in flexible metallic tubing, in switch and fuse gear.Product Applications:
- Extensively used as caulking, sealing and heat insulating materials on thermal installations and heat conducting systems.
- It's used for impregnated packings, tubings, sewing, electrical braiding, resistance nets, cores and manufacturing incandescent mantles.
- It is recommended for saturated and super heated steam, hot water, air, gases, oils, steam expansion glands, rotary and reciprocating equipments.
- Fire Protection, Friction Materials, etc. Asbestos yarn is also used for packing valve spindles, lagging small pipes, sealing joints in flexible metallic tubings, packing for bib-cocks at low pressure steam, sewing asbestos mattresses, in switch and fuse gear, braiding of electric cables, weaving of electrical resistance kits, cushions for glass in patent glazing bars.
- In addition to this, the asbestos yarn forms a base for the manufacture of packings, tubings and cloths which service the wide ranging needs of any industry.